Avon Recalls Microwave Popcorn Maker Due to Burn and Fire Hazards

LARGE_Avon Microwave Popcorn MakerToday, the Consumer Products Safety Commission (CPSC) issued a recall of Microwave Popcorn Makers. When cooked too long, the popcorn can overheat in this popcorn maker and ignite, posing a fire or burn hazard to consumers. Avon has received 20 reports of the popcorn makers overheating, including two incidents involving fires that resulted in damage to microwave ovens.

This recall involves Avon’s Microwave Popcorn Maker sold in the U.S. with item number 474-105 in Avon’s brochures and website. The recalled plastic popcorn maker consists of a clear tub and a yellow vented lid. The tub is 6 inches high and measures 7.5 inches in diameter and has three feet at the base. “DO NOT REMOVE WITH BARE HANDS. HOLD UNIT WITH GLOVES” is molded into the plastic of the lid and “USE IN MICROWAVE OVEN ONLY” is molded into the underside of the bowl. “Made in Taiwan” is printed on an adhesive label located on the underside of the bowl.

About 54,700 units were sold through independent Avon sales representatives and online at www.avon.com from October 2012 through February 2013, for about $13.

If you or a family member have suffered significant burn injuries as the result of a fire, or if a loved one has suffered a wrongful death as the result of burn injuries, please contact one of our personal injury attorney at Swartz & Swartz, P.C.. You can call us at (617) 742-1900, or if you are outside the Boston area, call toll-free at 1-800-545-3732. We are here to answer your questions and discuss how to protect your legal rights.

 

Share
This entry was posted in Burn Injuries, Catastrophic Injuries, Consumer Protection, Dangerous Toys, Inadequate Security, Injuries to Minors, Negligence, Personal Injury, Products Liability, Safety, Wrongful Death. Bookmark the permalink.